A former manager at Target is suing the firm, claiming he was fired for working during his lunch break. Target requires employees to clock out for half an hour for lunch. But Jason Kellner, an 8-year veteran, says his lunch was often interrupted by requests from customers and supervisors and that he never expected to be fired for helping them.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week