The 21st century has so far failed to deliver on past promises of hover boards and jet packs for everyone. But the Light-Light ($1,350) may just "satiate our need for all things futuristic." It looks like a normal lamp, except that the top half of the shade floats freely above the rest thanks to a set of magnets and "the engineering genius" of a small Dutch startup. Also available in a more traditional design, the Light-Light uses LED bulbs that are "not only energy-efficient" but "dimmable to your mood." Source: GadgetReview.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week