he 21st century has so far failed to deliver on past promises of hover boards and jet packs for everyone. But the Light-Light ($1,350) may just "satiate our need for all things futuristic." It looks like a normal lamp, except that the top half of the shade floats freely above the rest thanks to a set of magnets and "the engineering genius" of a small Dutch startup. Also available in a more traditional design, the Light-Light uses LED bulbs that are "not only energy-efficient" but "dimmable to your mood." Source: GadgetReview.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week