he 21st century has so far failed to deliver on past promises of hover boards and jet packs for everyone. But the Light-Light ($1,350) may just "satiate our need for all things futuristic." It looks like a normal lamp, except that the top half of the shade floats freely above the rest thanks to a set of magnets and "the engineering genius" of a small Dutch startup. Also available in a more traditional design, the Light-Light uses LED bulbs that are "not only energy-efficient" but "dimmable to your mood." Source: GadgetReview.com
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Do Republicans need a Plan B on ObamaCare?
Subscribe to the Week