The 21st century has so far failed to deliver on past promises of hover boards and jet packs for everyone. But the Light-Light ($1,350) may just "satiate our need for all things futuristic." It looks like a normal lamp, except that the top half of the shade floats freely above the rest thanks to a set of magnets and "the engineering genius" of a small Dutch startup. Also available in a more traditional design, the Light-Light uses LED bulbs that are "not only energy-efficient" but "dimmable to your mood." Source: GadgetReview.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
Subscribe to the Week