The Occupy Wall Street movement struggled to be taken seriously when protesters first began rallying on behalf of the "99 percent" over a month ago. Now, the anti-bank protests have spread to 900 cities worldwide — from Dubai to Japan — and, in a sure sign that the movement is resonating, manufacturers are suddenly churning out "99 percent" message tees. Sentimental protesters across the globe will likely wuv this goopy "Occupy Together" model ($28).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week