he Occupy Wall Street movement struggled to be taken seriously when protesters first began rallying on behalf of the "99 percent" over a month ago. Now, the anti-bank protests have spread to 900 cities worldwide — from Dubai to Japan — and, in a sure sign that the movement is resonating, manufacturers are suddenly churning out "99 percent" message tees. Sentimental protesters across the globe will likely wuv this goopy "Occupy Together" model ($28).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
Subscribe to the Week