The Occupy Wall Street movement struggled to be taken seriously when protesters first began rallying on behalf of the "99 percent" over a month ago. Now, the anti-bank protests have spread to 900 cities worldwide — from Dubai to Japan — and, in a sure sign that the movement is resonating, manufacturers are suddenly churning out "99 percent" message tees. Sentimental protesters across the globe will likely wuv this goopy "Occupy Together" model ($28).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The girl who wouldn't die
Subscribe to the Week