t's time for fall allergies, and "moisture-sucking radiators will soon follow." But that doesn't mean you have "to haul out that drab gray humidifier." Upgrade to Fred ($130). This fetching humidifier, made by the Swiss company Stadler Form, "wards off seasonal congestion and parched skin, and looks like a cast member of Wall-E." It runs silently and produces hot steam that's free of bacteria and minerals. Available in assorted colors. Source: New York
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
- The secrets of happy families
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Battle in a blizzard
Subscribe to the Week