t's time for fall allergies, and "moisture-sucking radiators will soon follow." But that doesn't mean you have "to haul out that drab gray humidifier." Upgrade to Fred ($130). This fetching humidifier, made by the Swiss company Stadler Form, "wards off seasonal congestion and parched skin, and looks like a cast member of Wall-E." It runs silently and produces hot steam that's free of bacteria and minerals. Available in assorted colors. Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week