It's time for fall allergies, and "moisture-sucking radiators will soon follow." But that doesn't mean you have "to haul out that drab gray humidifier." Upgrade to Fred ($130). This fetching humidifier, made by the Swiss company Stadler Form, "wards off seasonal congestion and parched skin, and looks like a cast member of Wall-E." It runs silently and produces hot steam that's free of bacteria and minerals. Available in assorted colors. Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week