It's time for fall allergies, and "moisture-sucking radiators will soon follow." But that doesn't mean you have "to haul out that drab gray humidifier." Upgrade to Fred ($130). This fetching humidifier, made by the Swiss company Stadler Form, "wards off seasonal congestion and parched skin, and looks like a cast member of Wall-E." It runs silently and produces hot steam that's free of bacteria and minerals. Available in assorted colors. Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
Subscribe to the Week