You don't have to be among the wealthiest 1 percent to realize that skiing's more fun without lift lines and clumsy amateurs. Buy that experience with Aspen's "Ultimate Ski Pass" ($25,000). Along with getting you and three friends "unlimited first tracks" on the Aspen slopes before they open to the public, it includes an intro to the U.S. Women's Ski Team and a meal with the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president. Aspen is offering 18 "ultimate" passes this season, but if the promotion's first two years are any guide, it will sell only two or three. Source: The Aspen Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week