ou don't have to be among the wealthiest 1 percent to realize that skiing's more fun without lift lines and clumsy amateurs. Buy that experience with Aspen's "Ultimate Ski Pass" ($25,000). Along with getting you and three friends "unlimited first tracks" on the Aspen slopes before they open to the public, it includes an intro to the U.S. Women's Ski Team and a meal with the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president. Aspen is offering 18 "ultimate" passes this season, but if the promotion's first two years are any guide, it will sell only two or three. Source: The Aspen Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week