You don't have to be among the wealthiest 1 percent to realize that skiing's more fun without lift lines and clumsy amateurs. Buy that experience with Aspen's "Ultimate Ski Pass" ($25,000). Along with getting you and three friends "unlimited first tracks" on the Aspen slopes before they open to the public, it includes an intro to the U.S. Women's Ski Team and a meal with the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president. Aspen is offering 18 "ultimate" passes this season, but if the promotion's first two years are any guide, it will sell only two or three. Source: The Aspen Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week