You don't have to be among the wealthiest 1 percent to realize that skiing's more fun without lift lines and clumsy amateurs. Buy that experience with Aspen's "Ultimate Ski Pass" ($25,000). Along with getting you and three friends "unlimited first tracks" on the Aspen slopes before they open to the public, it includes an intro to the U.S. Women's Ski Team and a meal with the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president. Aspen is offering 18 "ultimate" passes this season, but if the promotion's first two years are any guide, it will sell only two or three. Source: The Aspen Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week