The average weight, in pounds, gained by female students during their freshman year of college (for males, it's 3.4 pounds)
Percentage of students who actually gained 15 pounds or more during their freshman year
Percentage of college students who lost weight during their freshman year
Source: Ohio State University
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The next pandemic
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week