A woman in Aiken, S.C., saw a group of neighborhood boys trick-or-treating on Halloween night, and, noting their large haul, joked that she might just swipe some of their candy. "No, you're not," said a 10-year-old boy, allegedly whipping out a 9 mm handgun and pointing it at her. Though the gun wasn't loaded, police say the boy was carrying a loaded clip. His brother also allegedly had a gun, both weapons lifted from grandpa. The candy-obsessed kids were taken into custody, and later released to their parents.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week