A woman in Aiken, S.C., saw a group of neighborhood boys trick-or-treating on Halloween night, and, noting their large haul, joked that she might just swipe some of their candy. "No, you're not," said a 10-year-old boy, allegedly whipping out a 9 mm handgun and pointing it at her. Though the gun wasn't loaded, police say the boy was carrying a loaded clip. His brother also allegedly had a gun, both weapons lifted from grandpa. The candy-obsessed kids were taken into custody, and later released to their parents.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week