A woman in Aiken, S.C., saw a group of neighborhood boys trick-or-treating on Halloween night, and, noting their large haul, joked that she might just swipe some of their candy. "No, you're not," said a 10-year-old boy, allegedly whipping out a 9 mm handgun and pointing it at her. Though the gun wasn't loaded, police say the boy was carrying a loaded clip. His brother also allegedly had a gun, both weapons lifted from grandpa. The candy-obsessed kids were taken into custody, and later released to their parents.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week