A woman in Aiken, S.C., saw a group of neighborhood boys trick-or-treating on Halloween night, and, noting their large haul, joked that she might just swipe some of their candy. "No, you're not," said a 10-year-old boy, allegedly whipping out a 9 mm handgun and pointing it at her. Though the gun wasn't loaded, police say the boy was carrying a loaded clip. His brother also allegedly had a gun, both weapons lifted from grandpa. The candy-obsessed kids were taken into custody, and later released to their parents.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week