A woman in Aiken, S.C., saw a group of neighborhood boys trick-or-treating on Halloween night, and, noting their large haul, joked that she might just swipe some of their candy. "No, you're not," said a 10-year-old boy, allegedly whipping out a 9 mm handgun and pointing it at her. Though the gun wasn't loaded, police say the boy was carrying a loaded clip. His brother also allegedly had a gun, both weapons lifted from grandpa. The candy-obsessed kids were taken into custody, and later released to their parents.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week