An Oregon man is being sued by two people who were riding in his stolen car when it crashed. George Hinnenkamp, 91, had his car stolen by his handyman, Joseph Dinwiddie, who later crashed it while drunk, injuring his two passengers. The passengers are now suing Hinnenkamp. "I was surprised as hell," Hinnenkamp said. "He took my car without permission and wrecked the damn thing."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
Subscribe to the Week