An Oregon man is being sued by two people who were riding in his stolen car when it crashed. George Hinnenkamp, 91, had his car stolen by his handyman, Joseph Dinwiddie, who later crashed it while drunk, injuring his two passengers. The passengers are now suing Hinnenkamp. "I was surprised as hell," Hinnenkamp said. "He took my car without permission and wrecked the damn thing."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week