ay-Z (briefly) lent Occupy Wall Street some visibility with a new T-shirt sold by his Rocawear clothing line — a shirt that was dropped just a day after it went on sale. The shirt, which Jay-Z wore on his Watch the Throne tour, reads "Occupy All Streets," with a scratched out "W" playing off the populist protest. The hip-hop mogul didn't plan to share any profits with the anti-bank movement — and that caused an outcry. "The irony!" says Karlee Weinmann at Business Insider. "He's got 99 problems, and now 'the 99 percent' might be another one."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week