ay-Z (briefly) lent Occupy Wall Street some visibility with a new T-shirt sold by his Rocawear clothing line — a shirt that was dropped just a day after it went on sale. The shirt, which Jay-Z wore on his Watch the Throne tour, reads "Occupy All Streets," with a scratched out "W" playing off the populist protest. The hip-hop mogul didn't plan to share any profits with the anti-bank movement — and that caused an outcry. "The irony!" says Karlee Weinmann at Business Insider. "He's got 99 problems, and now 'the 99 percent' might be another one."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week