Jay-Z (briefly) lent Occupy Wall Street some visibility with a new T-shirt sold by his Rocawear clothing line — a shirt that was dropped just a day after it went on sale. The shirt, which Jay-Z wore on his Watch the Throne tour, reads "Occupy All Streets," with a scratched out "W" playing off the populist protest. The hip-hop mogul didn't plan to share any profits with the anti-bank movement — and that caused an outcry. "The irony!" says Karlee Weinmann at Business Insider. "He's got 99 problems, and now 'the 99 percent' might be another one."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week