Attention, all "obsessive multitaskers." The Kickstand desk ($1,499) is designed for cycling enthusiasts who want to pedal while they do office work. Just place your bike in a stationary trainer and set the adjustable tabletop to the appropriate height. Slide the top away to adjust the gears mid-workout, or to easily get on and off the bicycle. Despite the moving top, this desk is "sturdy enough that it won't wobble as you pedal." Self-conscious pedalers will appreciate that it's also "less goofy than a treadmill desk." Source: Wired
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week