or Thanksgiving, PETA is urging the tiny town of Turkey, Texas, to change its name to Tofurky for just one day — in honor of the (sometimes mocked) vegan turkey alternative. The animal rights group, no stranger to publicity stunts, promised the town that if it obliged, PETA would provide a "healthy vegan holiday feast" for all residents. Unfortunately for PETA, Turkey isn't interested in highlighting the supposed "plight" of the holiday-dinner birds. "We love Turkey, and we're not about to change our name," one resident said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week