Number of degrees by which everyone in the world was thought to be separated, according to a famous 1967 study; hence the phrase, "six degrees of separation"
Number of degrees by which everyone in the world is actually separated, according to a new study of 721 million active Facebook users
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Battle in a blizzard
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week