Now we'll never outgrow Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Hammacher Schlemmer's 6-foot-tall Bionic Bopper Cars ($17,000 per pair) challenge all washed-up joystick pugilists to climb in, sit down, and "duke it out" with a rival for ultimate rec-room bragging rights. Each boxing robot is equipped with a gas engine, a 12-volt battery, and "two massive tire-tread-fisted arms." Tuck yourself into the steel-cage upper body and take hold of the dual joysticks. You'll be able to advance, retreat, spin, and throw vicious upper cuts for bouts lasting up to five hours. Source: PC World
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week