ow we'll never outgrow Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Hammacher Schlemmer's 6-foot-tall Bionic Bopper Cars ($17,000 per pair) challenge all washed-up joystick pugilists to climb in, sit down, and "duke it out" with a rival for ultimate rec-room bragging rights. Each boxing robot is equipped with a gas engine, a 12-volt battery, and "two massive tire-tread-fisted arms." Tuck yourself into the steel-cage upper body and take hold of the dual joysticks. You'll be able to advance, retreat, spin, and throw vicious upper cuts for bouts lasting up to five hours. Source: PC World
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week