Now we'll never outgrow Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Hammacher Schlemmer's 6-foot-tall Bionic Bopper Cars ($17,000 per pair) challenge all washed-up joystick pugilists to climb in, sit down, and "duke it out" with a rival for ultimate rec-room bragging rights. Each boxing robot is equipped with a gas engine, a 12-volt battery, and "two massive tire-tread-fisted arms." Tuck yourself into the steel-cage upper body and take hold of the dual joysticks. You'll be able to advance, retreat, spin, and throw vicious upper cuts for bouts lasting up to five hours. Source: PC World
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week