Now we'll never outgrow Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Hammacher Schlemmer's 6-foot-tall Bionic Bopper Cars ($17,000 per pair) challenge all washed-up joystick pugilists to climb in, sit down, and "duke it out" with a rival for ultimate rec-room bragging rights. Each boxing robot is equipped with a gas engine, a 12-volt battery, and "two massive tire-tread-fisted arms." Tuck yourself into the steel-cage upper body and take hold of the dual joysticks. You'll be able to advance, retreat, spin, and throw vicious upper cuts for bouts lasting up to five hours. Source: PC World
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Girls on Film: 5 essential World War II movies directed by women
Subscribe to the Week