Now we'll never outgrow Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Hammacher Schlemmer's 6-foot-tall Bionic Bopper Cars ($17,000 per pair) challenge all washed-up joystick pugilists to climb in, sit down, and "duke it out" with a rival for ultimate rec-room bragging rights. Each boxing robot is equipped with a gas engine, a 12-volt battery, and "two massive tire-tread-fisted arms." Tuck yourself into the steel-cage upper body and take hold of the dual joysticks. You'll be able to advance, retreat, spin, and throw vicious upper cuts for bouts lasting up to five hours. Source: PC World
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week