A legal battle has erupted between rapper Trey Songz and Dave Hester, star of the TV auction show Storage Wars, over the right to yell "Yuuup!" Songz says "Yuuup!" became his "signature sound" long before Hester began using it. Hester insists that Songz's "yuuup" is "distinct and different from Hester's more monosyllabic-sounding, guttural auction-bidding phrase."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week