legal battle has erupted between rapper Trey Songz and Dave Hester, star of the TV auction show Storage Wars, over the right to yell "Yuuup!" Songz says "Yuuup!" became his "signature sound" long before Hester began using it. Hester insists that Songz's "yuuup" is "distinct and different from Hester's more monosyllabic-sounding, guttural auction-bidding phrase."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week