A legal battle has erupted between rapper Trey Songz and Dave Hester, star of the TV auction show Storage Wars, over the right to yell "Yuuup!" Songz says "Yuuup!" became his "signature sound" long before Hester began using it. Hester insists that Songz's "yuuup" is "distinct and different from Hester's more monosyllabic-sounding, guttural auction-bidding phrase."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week