Georgia man is suing a factory for firing him after he refused to wear the number 666. Plastics firm Pliant Corp. asks workers to wear stickers showing the number of days since the plant's last accident. As that figure climbed toward the Bible's "Mark of the Beast," Billy Hyatt told supervisors he'd be "condemned to hell" for wearing the number, and was subsequently fired.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week