Georgia man is suing a factory for firing him after he refused to wear the number 666. Plastics firm Pliant Corp. asks workers to wear stickers showing the number of days since the plant's last accident. As that figure climbed toward the Bible's "Mark of the Beast," Billy Hyatt told supervisors he'd be "condemned to hell" for wearing the number, and was subsequently fired.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The executioners' lament
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
Subscribe to the Week