A Georgia man is suing a factory for firing him after he refused to wear the number 666. Plastics firm Pliant Corp. asks workers to wear stickers showing the number of days since the plant's last accident. As that figure climbed toward the Bible's "Mark of the Beast," Billy Hyatt told supervisors he'd be "condemned to hell" for wearing the number, and was subsequently fired.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week