arrods' Urban Retreat spa in London probably isn't bluffing when it brags about offering "the world's most expensive blow-dry" ($500). For that price, a stylist will lather your hair with Truffle by Fuente, a shampoo containing "the skin of white truffle, pure diamond dust, and meteorite dust from space." The meteor dust makes for a "self-thinking" shampoo that intelligently restores hair to top condition, Fuente says. Since Harrods lets you keep the $430 shampoo set, maybe an extra $70 for the "hot stone cranial massage" and "signature Harrods blow-dry" isn't so bad. Source: The Stir
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- Another Bitcoin exchange bites the dust
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week