Harrods' Urban Retreat spa in London probably isn't bluffing when it brags about offering "the world's most expensive blow-dry" ($500). For that price, a stylist will lather your hair with Truffle by Fuente, a shampoo containing "the skin of white truffle, pure diamond dust, and meteorite dust from space." The meteor dust makes for a "self-thinking" shampoo that intelligently restores hair to top condition, Fuente says. Since Harrods lets you keep the $430 shampoo set, maybe an extra $70 for the "hot stone cranial massage" and "signature Harrods blow-dry" isn't so bad. Source: The Stir
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 5 of the most expensive bottles of wine ever sold
Subscribe to the Week