Harrods' Urban Retreat spa in London probably isn't bluffing when it brags about offering "the world's most expensive blow-dry" ($500). For that price, a stylist will lather your hair with Truffle by Fuente, a shampoo containing "the skin of white truffle, pure diamond dust, and meteorite dust from space." The meteor dust makes for a "self-thinking" shampoo that intelligently restores hair to top condition, Fuente says. Since Harrods lets you keep the $430 shampoo set, maybe an extra $70 for the "hot stone cranial massage" and "signature Harrods blow-dry" isn't so bad. Source: The Stir
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week