Harrods' Urban Retreat spa in London probably isn't bluffing when it brags about offering "the world's most expensive blow-dry" ($500). For that price, a stylist will lather your hair with Truffle by Fuente, a shampoo containing "the skin of white truffle, pure diamond dust, and meteorite dust from space." The meteor dust makes for a "self-thinking" shampoo that intelligently restores hair to top condition, Fuente says. Since Harrods lets you keep the $430 shampoo set, maybe an extra $70 for the "hot stone cranial massage" and "signature Harrods blow-dry" isn't so bad. Source: The Stir
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- The militarization of America’s police
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
Subscribe to the Week