A fugitive who took a Kansas couple hostage in their home is suing them for $235,000. Accused murderer Jesse Dimmick claims Jared and Lindsay Rowley accepted his knifepoint offer of money to hide in their house. But the Rowleys later breached their "oral contract" by escaping as he slept, Dimmick says, "resulting in my being shot in the back by authorities."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Sex can't explain the culture war
Subscribe to the Week