For any child who's always wanted to live out Hansel and Gretel minus the threat of death, New York sweets purveyor Dylan's Candy Bar is selling an edible, 6.6-foot-high gingerbread playhouse ($15,000). Made from 381 lbs. of gingerbread and 517 lbs. of icing, the playhouse is decorated with thousands of cookies, gumdrops, mints, gummy candies, and other sweets, including a lollipop tree inside, "just for good measure." It looks like "the only question will be which one will rot first: The house or your children's teeth." Source: Joe Shopping
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week