For any child who's always wanted to live out Hansel and Gretel minus the threat of death, New York sweets purveyor Dylan's Candy Bar is selling an edible, 6.6-foot-high gingerbread playhouse ($15,000). Made from 381 lbs. of gingerbread and 517 lbs. of icing, the playhouse is decorated with thousands of cookies, gumdrops, mints, gummy candies, and other sweets, including a lollipop tree inside, "just for good measure." It looks like "the only question will be which one will rot first: The house or your children's teeth." Source: Joe Shopping
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week