or any child who's always wanted to live out Hansel and Gretel minus the threat of death, New York sweets purveyor Dylan's Candy Bar is selling an edible, 6.6-foot-high gingerbread playhouse ($15,000). Made from 381 lbs. of gingerbread and 517 lbs. of icing, the playhouse is decorated with thousands of cookies, gumdrops, mints, gummy candies, and other sweets, including a lollipop tree inside, "just for good measure." It looks like "the only question will be which one will rot first: The house or your children's teeth." Source: Joe Shopping
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week