A suburban New York elementary school teacher faces disciplinary action for telling her second-grade class that there is no Santa Claus. After her students identified the North Pole as "where Santa lives," the teacher told them Santa was a fictional character. Most experts are agreed that Santa is real and does live at the North Pole.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week