A suburban New York elementary school teacher faces disciplinary action for telling her second-grade class that there is no Santa Claus. After her students identified the North Pole as "where Santa lives," the teacher told them Santa was a fictional character. Most experts are agreed that Santa is real and does live at the North Pole.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week