A suburban New York elementary school teacher faces disciplinary action for telling her second-grade class that there is no Santa Claus. After her students identified the North Pole as "where Santa lives," the teacher told them Santa was a fictional character. Most experts are agreed that Santa is real and does live at the North Pole.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- The queen of Tupperware
Subscribe to the Week