A suburban New York elementary school teacher faces disciplinary action for telling her second-grade class that there is no Santa Claus. After her students identified the North Pole as "where Santa lives," the teacher told them Santa was a fictional character. Most experts are agreed that Santa is real and does live at the North Pole.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Confessions of a hotel insider
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week