A California woman is suing Starbucks, claiming employees insisted she buy something before she could use the restroom to fix her prosthetic leg. Janet Marx says her leg was about to fall off because of a loose screw, but a barista wouldn't let her enter the restroom, and told her she "couldn't be nice" to anyone who hadn't made a purchase.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week