A California woman is suing Starbucks, claiming employees insisted she buy something before she could use the restroom to fix her prosthetic leg. Janet Marx says her leg was about to fall off because of a loose screw, but a barista wouldn't let her enter the restroom, and told her she "couldn't be nice" to anyone who hadn't made a purchase.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The bizarre syntax of 'sexiest man alive'
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week