A California woman is suing Starbucks, claiming employees insisted she buy something before she could use the restroom to fix her prosthetic leg. Janet Marx says her leg was about to fall off because of a loose screw, but a barista wouldn't let her enter the restroom, and told her she "couldn't be nice" to anyone who hadn't made a purchase.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
Subscribe to the Week