Just in time for holiday gift-giving, the Italian design team Arcaro Martini has released the world's first spa made with 24-karat gold. The gold-plated tub (approximately $100,000) is trimmed in leather with Swarovski crystals; ozone water purification keeps the water clean. It makes sense, says Megha Chaturvedi at Born Rich: Gold is the "most preferred option in the world of classy decor." And some people just need a "luxurious bathing ritual." Source: Born Rich
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week