ust in time for holiday gift-giving, the Italian design team Arcaro Martini has released the world's first spa made with 24-karat gold. The gold-plated tub (approximately $100,000) is trimmed in leather with Swarovski crystals; ozone water purification keeps the water clean. It makes sense, says Megha Chaturvedi at Born Rich: Gold is the "most preferred option in the world of classy decor." And some people just need a "luxurious bathing ritual." Source: Born Rich
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week