ust in time for holiday gift-giving, the Italian design team Arcaro Martini has released the world's first spa made with 24-karat gold. The gold-plated tub (approximately $100,000) is trimmed in leather with Swarovski crystals; ozone water purification keeps the water clean. It makes sense, says Megha Chaturvedi at Born Rich: Gold is the "most preferred option in the world of classy decor." And some people just need a "luxurious bathing ritual." Source: Born Rich
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week