Just in time for holiday gift-giving, the Italian design team Arcaro Martini has released the world's first spa made with 24-karat gold. The gold-plated tub (approximately $100,000) is trimmed in leather with Swarovski crystals; ozone water purification keeps the water clean. It makes sense, says Megha Chaturvedi at Born Rich: Gold is the "most preferred option in the world of classy decor." And some people just need a "luxurious bathing ritual." Source: Born Rich
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
Subscribe to the Week