Just in time for holiday gift-giving, the Italian design team Arcaro Martini has released the world's first spa made with 24-karat gold. The gold-plated tub (approximately $100,000) is trimmed in leather with Swarovski crystals; ozone water purification keeps the water clean. It makes sense, says Megha Chaturvedi at Born Rich: Gold is the "most preferred option in the world of classy decor." And some people just need a "luxurious bathing ritual." Source: Born Rich
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week