An upstate New York high school has canceled its winter ball to stop students from "grinding" on the dance floor. Skaneateles High School officials tried banning lascivious dancing, teaching traditional dance steps, and giving students more room to dance, but the grinding continued. "We determined we couldn't hold another schoolwide dance," said the principal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week