An upstate New York high school has canceled its winter ball to stop students from "grinding" on the dance floor. Skaneateles High School officials tried banning lascivious dancing, teaching traditional dance steps, and giving students more room to dance, but the grinding continued. "We determined we couldn't hold another schoolwide dance," said the principal.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week