Percent of people who lied via text message during a mock stock transaction in a University of British Columba role-playing study
Percent of people who lied in face-to-face chats
Percent of people who lied over video chat, suggesting that people are less likely to lie when they worry they're being scrutinized and recorded
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week