Percent of people who lied via text message during a mock stock transaction in a University of British Columba role-playing study
Percent of people who lied in face-to-face chats
Percent of people who lied over video chat, suggesting that people are less likely to lie when they worry they're being scrutinized and recorded
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week