Percent of people who lied via text message during a mock stock transaction in a University of British Columba role-playing study
Percent of people who lied in face-to-face chats
Percent of people who lied over video chat, suggesting that people are less likely to lie when they worry they're being scrutinized and recorded
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week