Percent of people who lied via text message during a mock stock transaction in a University of British Columba role-playing study
Percent of people who lied in face-to-face chats
Percent of people who lied over video chat, suggesting that people are less likely to lie when they worry they're being scrutinized and recorded
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week