as Vegas' Mandalay Bay Hotel is offering jackpot winners a pricey victory meal: The Fleurburger 5000 ($5000), a concoction of Kobe beef and duck foie gras, topped with sauteed truffles that cost $1,500 a pound. The hefty price tag includes a bonus bottle of Chateau Petrus, a fine wine previously sold for $5,300. The restaurant's owner considers the elite Happy Meal a steal: "I brought down the price [of the Chateau Petrus] to $5,000, so the burger is free." Source: Fox News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week