Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Hotel is offering jackpot winners a pricey victory meal: The Fleurburger 5000 ($5000), a concoction of Kobe beef and duck foie gras, topped with sauteed truffles that cost $1,500 a pound. The hefty price tag includes a bonus bottle of Chateau Petrus, a fine wine previously sold for $5,300. The restaurant's owner considers the elite Happy Meal a steal: "I brought down the price [of the Chateau Petrus] to $5,000, so the burger is free." Source: Fox News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
Subscribe to the Week