as Vegas' Mandalay Bay Hotel is offering jackpot winners a pricey victory meal: The Fleurburger 5000 ($5000), a concoction of Kobe beef and duck foie gras, topped with sauteed truffles that cost $1,500 a pound. The hefty price tag includes a bonus bottle of Chateau Petrus, a fine wine previously sold for $5,300. The restaurant's owner considers the elite Happy Meal a steal: "I brought down the price [of the Chateau Petrus] to $5,000, so the burger is free." Source: Fox News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week