Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay Hotel is offering jackpot winners a pricey victory meal: The Fleurburger 5000 ($5000), a concoction of Kobe beef and duck foie gras, topped with sauteed truffles that cost $1,500 a pound. The hefty price tag includes a bonus bottle of Chateau Petrus, a fine wine previously sold for $5,300. The restaurant's owner considers the elite Happy Meal a steal: "I brought down the price [of the Chateau Petrus] to $5,000, so the burger is free." Source: Fox News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week