Hoping to block Mitt Romney's "inevitable" path to the GOP presidential nomination, his detractors are seizing on a recent campaign "stumble": While defending Americans' right to shop around for health insurance, Romney said, "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." Of course, not everyone is taking issue with the "evil-boss-man" quote. Mitt supporters might want to rally around him with this pointed tee ($14.95): "Mitt, I like firing people, too. Let's fire Barack Obama!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week