Hoping to block Mitt Romney's "inevitable" path to the GOP presidential nomination, his detractors are seizing on a recent campaign "stumble": While defending Americans' right to shop around for health insurance, Romney said, "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." Of course, not everyone is taking issue with the "evil-boss-man" quote. Mitt supporters might want to rally around him with this pointed tee ($14.95): "Mitt, I like firing people, too. Let's fire Barack Obama!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week