uxury goods company Black Astrum's custom-designed business cards (roughly $1,500 per card) are made from hefty Swiss metal and dotted with actual diamonds (a pack of 30 cards includes 30 carats). "We've had several inquiries from American celebrities and international businessmen," says Black Astrum's Sufian Khawaja; "however, our cards are offered by invitation only, reflecting our desire to serve only the most premier individuals." In that case, says Carmel Lobello at Death + Taxes, I'll stick with LinkedIn and Twitter. Source: Luxury Launches
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Jimmy Fallon switches mouths with Tina Fey on The Tonight Show, and it's terrifying
Subscribe to the Week