Luxury goods company Black Astrum's custom-designed business cards (roughly $1,500 per card) are made from hefty Swiss metal and dotted with actual diamonds (a pack of 30 cards includes 30 carats). "We've had several inquiries from American celebrities and international businessmen," says Black Astrum's Sufian Khawaja; "however, our cards are offered by invitation only, reflecting our desire to serve only the most premier individuals." In that case, says Carmel Lobello at Death + Taxes, I'll stick with LinkedIn and Twitter. Source: Luxury Launches
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week