American pedestrians killed or seriously injured by trains, cars, and buses while wearing ear buds or headphones in 2010-11
Number of such deaths and injuries in 2004-05
Percent of headphone-related accidents in which the vehicle reported sounding a siren or horn before the crash
Source: Injury Prevention, via WebMD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How to flirt, according to science
- Everything you need to know about the Venezuelan protests
Subscribe to the Week