Okay, "for the price of this coffee sleeve, you could purchase more than 40 lattes." But if you happen to need a gift "for that hard-to-shop-for member of the 1 percent," the Rika leather cup holder from Jimmy Choo ($165) might save the day. While this over-the-top accessory (available in orange or fuchsia) may appear wasteful, it's at least reusable, and could keep a lot of standard cardboard sleeves from ending up in a landfill. Besides, it's "not made of an actual crocodile." Source: WashingtonPost.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week