Okay, "for the price of this coffee sleeve, you could purchase more than 40 lattes." But if you happen to need a gift "for that hard-to-shop-for member of the 1 percent," the Rika leather cup holder from Jimmy Choo ($165) might save the day. While this over-the-top accessory (available in orange or fuchsia) may appear wasteful, it's at least reusable, and could keep a lot of standard cardboard sleeves from ending up in a landfill. Besides, it's "not made of an actual crocodile." Source: WashingtonPost.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week