Okay, "for the price of this coffee sleeve, you could purchase more than 40 lattes." But if you happen to need a gift "for that hard-to-shop-for member of the 1 percent," the Rika leather cup holder from Jimmy Choo ($165) might save the day. While this over-the-top accessory (available in orange or fuchsia) may appear wasteful, it's at least reusable, and could keep a lot of standard cardboard sleeves from ending up in a landfill. Besides, it's "not made of an actual crocodile." Source: WashingtonPost.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week