Cars and trucks registered in the U.S. in 2011
Average age, in years, of those cars
Average age, in years, of a car in 1995. These days, the recession has played a "huge role" in deterring Americans from buying new cars, while "improved technology" has also made cars more durable.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Painting the universe's portrait
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week