A 400-pound convicted felon is suing New York City prison officials for $1 million because they had no green jumpsuits that fit him. Elias Diaz, 55, says he suffered emotional damage when he spent eight months in jail wearing the same T-shirt and sweat pants. He wears size 7X, Diaz says, but officials failed to stock "any clothing beyond the size of 6X."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The main lesson of Argentina's debt nightmare
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week