A 400-pound convicted felon is suing New York City prison officials for $1 million because they had no green jumpsuits that fit him. Elias Diaz, 55, says he suffered emotional damage when he spent eight months in jail wearing the same T-shirt and sweat pants. He wears size 7X, Diaz says, but officials failed to stock "any clothing beyond the size of 6X."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week