A 400-pound convicted felon is suing New York City prison officials for $1 million because they had no green jumpsuits that fit him. Elias Diaz, 55, says he suffered emotional damage when he spent eight months in jail wearing the same T-shirt and sweat pants. He wears size 7X, Diaz says, but officials failed to stock "any clothing beyond the size of 6X."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
Subscribe to the Week