A 400-pound convicted felon is suing New York City prison officials for $1 million because they had no green jumpsuits that fit him. Elias Diaz, 55, says he suffered emotional damage when he spent eight months in jail wearing the same T-shirt and sweat pants. He wears size 7X, Diaz says, but officials failed to stock "any clothing beyond the size of 6X."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week