Wearing sweatpants to the office may seem like workplace blasphemy, but only if you get caught, says San Francisco-based online clothier Betabrand. Though their tailored "dress pant sweatpants" are made of French terry, they resemble wool dress pants — complete with tailored pockets, belt loops, and a zipper fly — from a distance. And, if $90 seems like a steep price to pay for stealth laziness, be assured: The pants transition (almost seamlessly) to appropriate couch-potato wear.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week