Wearing sweatpants to the office may seem like workplace blasphemy, but only if you get caught, says San Francisco-based online clothier Betabrand. Though their tailored "dress pant sweatpants" are made of French terry, they resemble wool dress pants — complete with tailored pockets, belt loops, and a zipper fly — from a distance. And, if $90 seems like a steep price to pay for stealth laziness, be assured: The pants transition (almost seamlessly) to appropriate couch-potato wear.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- How to make salads for reluctant salad eaters
Subscribe to the Week