eattle anti-gentrification activist Babylonia Aivaz loved a condemned 107-year-old warehouse in her neighborhood so much, she married it on Jan. 29, complete with a white wedding dress and an ordained minister. Since the building is "female," Aivaz boasted on Facebook, "it's a gay marriage!" Some people got a big laugh from her attempt to save the building, but advocates of actual gay marriage were not amused, calling the stunt a "huge gift" to "idiots" who argue that same-sex marriage is a gateway to bestiality and polygamy.
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- China's massive pollution problem
Subscribe to the Week