A 6-year-old San Francisco boy was accused of "sexual assault" for touching his best friend's groin while roughhousing. A school principal made the charge in suspending the first-grader. His mother threatened to sue and had his record cleared. Child psychiatrist Stuart Lustig said schools often overreact in such situations "because of the legal environment."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week