A 6-year-old San Francisco boy was accused of "sexual assault" for touching his best friend's groin while roughhousing. A school principal made the charge in suspending the first-grader. His mother threatened to sue and had his record cleared. Child psychiatrist Stuart Lustig said schools often overreact in such situations "because of the legal environment."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week