British tourist was handcuffed and barred from entering the U.S. because he had tweeted that he planned to "destroy America." Leigh Van Bryan, 26, says he tried explaining to special agents in Los Angeles that "destroy," in current slang, simply means to "party quite hard in," but his clarification fell on deaf ears. "They just told me, 'You've really f---ed up with that tweet, boy,'" said Van Bryan.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week