British tourist was handcuffed and barred from entering the U.S. because he had tweeted that he planned to "destroy America." Leigh Van Bryan, 26, says he tried explaining to special agents in Los Angeles that "destroy," in current slang, simply means to "party quite hard in," but his clarification fell on deaf ears. "They just told me, 'You've really f---ed up with that tweet, boy,'" said Van Bryan.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
Subscribe to the Week