An industrious Indianapolis man is renting out his living room to football fans who weren't lucky enough to score tickets for Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium. For $1,600, the Craigslist ad (which has since been removed) promises total access to a high-definition 3D TV, "two large one-topping pizzas from Papa John's," and a 12-pack of beer. Complete privacy not guaranteed: "I might pop my head in every now and then if I hear a commercial that sounds cool," the ad says.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
When Americans banned Christmas
Subscribe to the Week