An industrious Indianapolis man is renting out his living room to football fans who weren't lucky enough to score tickets for Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium. For $1,600, the Craigslist ad (which has since been removed) promises total access to a high-definition 3D TV, "two large one-topping pizzas from Papa John's," and a 12-pack of beer. Complete privacy not guaranteed: "I might pop my head in every now and then if I hear a commercial that sounds cool," the ad says.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week