An industrious Indianapolis man is renting out his living room to football fans who weren't lucky enough to score tickets for Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium. For $1,600, the Craigslist ad (which has since been removed) promises total access to a high-definition 3D TV, "two large one-topping pizzas from Papa John's," and a 12-pack of beer. Complete privacy not guaranteed: "I might pop my head in every now and then if I hear a commercial that sounds cool," the ad says.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week