A football fan is suing the city of San Diego for the right to yell profanities at sporting events. Eric Holguin was ejected from a Chargers game after a verbal altercation with rival fans and claims that the NFL's prohibition on fan cursing is blatantly unconstitutional. "A fan has a right to say 'F--- you,'" says Holguin's attorney. "It's a public place."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week