A football fan is suing the city of San Diego for the right to yell profanities at sporting events. Eric Holguin was ejected from a Chargers game after a verbal altercation with rival fans and claims that the NFL's prohibition on fan cursing is blatantly unconstitutional. "A fan has a right to say 'F--- you,'" says Holguin's attorney. "It's a public place."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week