A New Jersey man who was hit by a car after playing beer pong for three hours has lost his bid to sue the bar where he was drinking. The judge ruled that Alan Berger had "voluntarily engaged" in beer pong at Wicked Willy's bar, and had "consumed alcohol to the point of diminished capacity."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week