ne symptom of "Linsanity": The urge to turn Jeremy Lin's name into a pun — for better or worse. While the breakout New York Knicks point guard has inspired harmless phrases like "Lin and Bear It!" or "Linstant Replay," wordplay referencing Lin's Asian heritage has ruffled feathers. The New York Post caught flack for a cover that read, "Amasian!" while an ESPN writer was fired for his "Chink in the Armor" headline. More proof of heedless political incorrectness: This "Lincredible Sensasian!" tee ($24) — two puns for the price of one.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The last racial taboo
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week