One symptom of "Linsanity": The urge to turn Jeremy Lin's name into a pun — for better or worse. While the breakout New York Knicks point guard has inspired harmless phrases like "Lin and Bear It!" or "Linstant Replay," wordplay referencing Lin's Asian heritage has ruffled feathers. The New York Post caught flack for a cover that read, "Amasian!" while an ESPN writer was fired for his "Chink in the Armor" headline. More proof of heedless political incorrectness: This "Lincredible Sensasian!" tee ($24) — two puns for the price of one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week