One symptom of "Linsanity": The urge to turn Jeremy Lin's name into a pun — for better or worse. While the breakout New York Knicks point guard has inspired harmless phrases like "Lin and Bear It!" or "Linstant Replay," wordplay referencing Lin's Asian heritage has ruffled feathers. The New York Post caught flack for a cover that read, "Amasian!" while an ESPN writer was fired for his "Chink in the Armor" headline. More proof of heedless political incorrectness: This "Lincredible Sensasian!" tee ($24) — two puns for the price of one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week