When most people look at Rebekah Speight's most famous possession, they see a three-year-old Chicken McNugget. Speight, on the other hand, sees George Washington, and dozens of bidders on eBay agree with her. The Nebraska woman stored the McDonald's morsel in her freezer for years, and is now auctioning it to help send local kids to church summer camp. The high bid is a whopping $4,350 — and climbing. "I was totally amazed that it really does look like Washington's profile," says Tricia Yanney at the Family Worship Center, the beneficiary of George McWashington's auction. "God works in unbelievable ways."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week