When most people look at Rebekah Speight's most famous possession, they see a three-year-old Chicken McNugget. Speight, on the other hand, sees George Washington, and dozens of bidders on eBay agree with her. The Nebraska woman stored the McDonald's morsel in her freezer for years, and is now auctioning it to help send local kids to church summer camp. The high bid is a whopping $4,350 — and climbing. "I was totally amazed that it really does look like Washington's profile," says Tricia Yanney at the Family Worship Center, the beneficiary of George McWashington's auction. "God works in unbelievable ways."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Girls on Film: Why audiences are responsible for the future of cinema
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week