After conservative presidential hopeful Rick Santorum branded Barack Obama a "snob" for suggesting that every American should have the chance to go to college, some of the president's backers began touting their man's supposed snootiness. "Call me a snob," says Jonathan Capehart at The Washington Post, "but I like my presidents to be forward-thinking leaders" who prioritize education. Obama fans have even taken to highlighting their stance with this "Here's to snobs!" campaign tee ($29.60).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week