fter conservative presidential hopeful Rick Santorum branded Barack Obama a "snob" for suggesting that every American should have the chance to go to college, some of the president's backers began touting their man's supposed snootiness. "Call me a snob," says Jonathan Capehart at The Washington Post, "but I like my presidents to be forward-thinking leaders" who prioritize education. Obama fans have even taken to highlighting their stance with this "Here's to snobs!" campaign tee ($29.60).
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
Subscribe to the Week