fter conservative presidential hopeful Rick Santorum branded Barack Obama a "snob" for suggesting that every American should have the chance to go to college, some of the president's backers began touting their man's supposed snootiness. "Call me a snob," says Jonathan Capehart at The Washington Post, "but I like my presidents to be forward-thinking leaders" who prioritize education. Obama fans have even taken to highlighting their stance with this "Here's to snobs!" campaign tee ($29.60).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week