After conservative presidential hopeful Rick Santorum branded Barack Obama a "snob" for suggesting that every American should have the chance to go to college, some of the president's backers began touting their man's supposed snootiness. "Call me a snob," says Jonathan Capehart at The Washington Post, "but I like my presidents to be forward-thinking leaders" who prioritize education. Obama fans have even taken to highlighting their stance with this "Here's to snobs!" campaign tee ($29.60).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
Subscribe to the Week