A Cincinnati man who complained on Facebook that his estranged wife was an "evil, vindictive woman" was ordered by a judge to post daily apologies for a month or go to jail. Mark Byron is complying with the order, but says only his friends could view his complaints, and that the judge violated his freedom of speech. "If they do this to me," Byron said, "they can do this to others."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to save Meet the Press
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week