A Cincinnati man who complained on Facebook that his estranged wife was an "evil, vindictive woman" was ordered by a judge to post daily apologies for a month or go to jail. Mark Byron is complying with the order, but says only his friends could view his complaints, and that the judge violated his freedom of speech. "If they do this to me," Byron said, "they can do this to others."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week