A Cincinnati man who complained on Facebook that his estranged wife was an "evil, vindictive woman" was ordered by a judge to post daily apologies for a month or go to jail. Mark Byron is complying with the order, but says only his friends could view his complaints, and that the judge violated his freedom of speech. "If they do this to me," Byron said, "they can do this to others."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week