A Cincinnati man who complained on Facebook that his estranged wife was an "evil, vindictive woman" was ordered by a judge to post daily apologies for a month or go to jail. Mark Byron is complying with the order, but says only his friends could view his complaints, and that the judge violated his freedom of speech. "If they do this to me," Byron said, "they can do this to others."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week