A Wyoming legislator has introduced a bill designed to restore order when the nation's economy and social structure collapse by having the state issue its own currency. Republican David Miller says he wants to protect Wyoming residents from "catastrophic events," noting, "Things happen quickly sometimes — look at Libya, look at Egypt."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week