A Wyoming legislator has introduced a bill designed to restore order when the nation's economy and social structure collapse by having the state issue its own currency. Republican David Miller says he wants to protect Wyoming residents from "catastrophic events," noting, "Things happen quickly sometimes — look at Libya, look at Egypt."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week