U.S. children ages 2 to 5 with untreated cavities, thanks to poor brushing habits.
6 to 10
Cavities that dentists report seeing in the mouths of a rising number of preschoolers.
$2,000 to $5,000
Cost of putting preschoolers under full anesthesia, routinely advised for squirmy tykes who need cavities fixed
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
Subscribe to the Week