U.S. children ages 2 to 5 with untreated cavities, thanks to poor brushing habits.
6 to 10
Cavities that dentists report seeing in the mouths of a rising number of preschoolers.
$2,000 to $5,000
Cost of putting preschoolers under full anesthesia, routinely advised for squirmy tykes who need cavities fixed
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week