U.S. children ages 2 to 5 with untreated cavities, thanks to poor brushing habits.
6 to 10
Cavities that dentists report seeing in the mouths of a rising number of preschoolers.
$2,000 to $5,000
Cost of putting preschoolers under full anesthesia, routinely advised for squirmy tykes who need cavities fixed
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week