eet the Exmobaby: A comfortable onesie outfitted with what may be the world's most high-tech baby monitor. Using a built-in thermometer, heart rate sensor, and motion detector, the Exmobaby wirelessly transmits text messages to anxious parents, giving them "real-time stats," clues to their baby's mood, and alerts when he needs a diaper change. These souped-up onesies aren't on the market quite yet, but the company will soon start selling them to "nervous and wired first-time parents" for around $100 each. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- The end of academic freedom?
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week