Meet the Exmobaby: A comfortable onesie outfitted with what may be the world's most high-tech baby monitor. Using a built-in thermometer, heart rate sensor, and motion detector, the Exmobaby wirelessly transmits text messages to anxious parents, giving them "real-time stats," clues to their baby's mood, and alerts when he needs a diaper change. These souped-up onesies aren't on the market quite yet, but the company will soon start selling them to "nervous and wired first-time parents" for around $100 each. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- For the GOP, gay marriage could be the most important issue in 2016
Subscribe to the Week