eet the Exmobaby: A comfortable onesie outfitted with what may be the world's most high-tech baby monitor. Using a built-in thermometer, heart rate sensor, and motion detector, the Exmobaby wirelessly transmits text messages to anxious parents, giving them "real-time stats," clues to their baby's mood, and alerts when he needs a diaper change. These souped-up onesies aren't on the market quite yet, but the company will soon start selling them to "nervous and wired first-time parents" for around $100 each. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week