Michigan moviegoer Joshua Thompson has filed a class action suit against the AMC movie theater chain, in a doomed effort to convince it to lower its concession stand prices. After repeatedly buying candy and soda at AMC for three to four times what the same mundane snacks would cost outside the theater, he simply "got tired of being taken advantage of," says Thompson's lawyer. Sadly, experts expect the case to be summarily dismissed and price-gouging on Goobers to continue apace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to deep fry a turkey
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week