ichigan moviegoer Joshua Thompson has filed a class action suit against the AMC movie theater chain, in a doomed effort to convince it to lower its concession stand prices. After repeatedly buying candy and soda at AMC for three to four times what the same mundane snacks would cost outside the theater, he simply "got tired of being taken advantage of," says Thompson's lawyer. Sadly, experts expect the case to be summarily dismissed and price-gouging on Goobers to continue apace.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The last racial taboo
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- TIME chose Pope Francis as its Person of the Year. And it was the perfect choice for the Upworthy era.
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
Subscribe to the Week