Michigan moviegoer Joshua Thompson has filed a class action suit against the AMC movie theater chain, in a doomed effort to convince it to lower its concession stand prices. After repeatedly buying candy and soda at AMC for three to four times what the same mundane snacks would cost outside the theater, he simply "got tired of being taken advantage of," says Thompson's lawyer. Sadly, experts expect the case to be summarily dismissed and price-gouging on Goobers to continue apace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The science behind Captain America's shield, The Hulk's anger, and more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week