Forget the "War on Christmas." This spring, in a "heavy-handed attempt to instill political correctness among impressionable fourth- and fifth-graders," students at Soule Roade School in Wilbraham, Mass., will be celebrating O'Green Day instead of St. Patrick's Day. The secular replacement holiday, apparently dreamed up by Principal Lisa Curtin, is observed by wearing green and (joy!) eating lots of green vegetables. This is "ridiculous," said one parent. "What's next, birthdays?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week