orget the "War on Christmas." This spring, in a "heavy-handed attempt to instill political correctness among impressionable fourth- and fifth-graders," students at Soule Roade School in Wilbraham, Mass., will be celebrating O'Green Day instead of St. Patrick's Day. The secular replacement holiday, apparently dreamed up by Principal Lisa Curtin, is observed by wearing green and (joy!) eating lots of green vegetables. This is "ridiculous," said one parent. "What's next, birthdays?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week