Forget the "War on Christmas." This spring, in a "heavy-handed attempt to instill political correctness among impressionable fourth- and fifth-graders," students at Soule Roade School in Wilbraham, Mass., will be celebrating O'Green Day instead of St. Patrick's Day. The secular replacement holiday, apparently dreamed up by Principal Lisa Curtin, is observed by wearing green and (joy!) eating lots of green vegetables. This is "ridiculous," said one parent. "What's next, birthdays?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week