Urology Associates of Cape Cod, a clinic in Sandwich, Mass., has found an unusual way to entice men to get vasectomies: Free pizza. On the first day of the promotion, the office was swamped with men eager to go under the knife for the $500 to $700 procedure, then recover with their free one-topping pizza and some NCAA Basketball Tournament on the clinic's TVs. We wanted to "improvise and be different," says practice administrator Evan Cohen. "It's been crazy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week