Urology Associates of Cape Cod, a clinic in Sandwich, Mass., has found an unusual way to entice men to get vasectomies: Free pizza. On the first day of the promotion, the office was swamped with men eager to go under the knife for the $500 to $700 procedure, then recover with their free one-topping pizza and some NCAA Basketball Tournament on the clinic's TVs. We wanted to "improvise and be different," says practice administrator Evan Cohen. "It's been crazy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- These vintage Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons offer a delightful glimpse into pop culture past
Subscribe to the Week