Urology Associates of Cape Cod, a clinic in Sandwich, Mass., has found an unusual way to entice men to get vasectomies: Free pizza. On the first day of the promotion, the office was swamped with men eager to go under the knife for the $500 to $700 procedure, then recover with their free one-topping pizza and some NCAA Basketball Tournament on the clinic's TVs. We wanted to "improvise and be different," says practice administrator Evan Cohen. "It's been crazy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- The mechanized future of warfare
Subscribe to the Week