Urology Associates of Cape Cod, a clinic in Sandwich, Mass., has found an unusual way to entice men to get vasectomies: Free pizza. On the first day of the promotion, the office was swamped with men eager to go under the knife for the $500 to $700 procedure, then recover with their free one-topping pizza and some NCAA Basketball Tournament on the clinic's TVs. We wanted to "improvise and be different," says practice administrator Evan Cohen. "It's been crazy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week