Boston police are cracking down on aggressive dancing at heavy-metal concerts. "Mosh pits" date back to the 1970s, but police say they will no longer tolerate metal fans jumping and slamming into each other. "Dancing is a First Amendment right," said police spokeswoman Nicole Grant, "but the behavior itself is a violation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week