Boston police are cracking down on aggressive dancing at heavy-metal concerts. "Mosh pits" date back to the 1970s, but police say they will no longer tolerate metal fans jumping and slamming into each other. "Dancing is a First Amendment right," said police spokeswoman Nicole Grant, "but the behavior itself is a violation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
Subscribe to the Week