Boston police are cracking down on aggressive dancing at heavy-metal concerts. "Mosh pits" date back to the 1970s, but police say they will no longer tolerate metal fans jumping and slamming into each other. "Dancing is a First Amendment right," said police spokeswoman Nicole Grant, "but the behavior itself is a violation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week