Boston police are cracking down on aggressive dancing at heavy-metal concerts. "Mosh pits" date back to the 1970s, but police say they will no longer tolerate metal fans jumping and slamming into each other. "Dancing is a First Amendment right," said police spokeswoman Nicole Grant, "but the behavior itself is a violation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week