Boston police are cracking down on aggressive dancing at heavy-metal concerts. "Mosh pits" date back to the 1970s, but police say they will no longer tolerate metal fans jumping and slamming into each other. "Dancing is a First Amendment right," said police spokeswoman Nicole Grant, "but the behavior itself is a violation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week