Increase in sales at hair salons since 2009, defying recessionary trends. Profits are also up, from 4.2 percent in 2008 to 7.8 percent, on average, in the last two years
Jump in spending on hair color from 2009 to 2010
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week