The Hunger Games snared a record-breaking $155 million in its opening weekend, largely thanks to an army of feverishly passionate fans who are positively obsessed with the hit-book-turned-blockbuster-movie. Unperturbed by the uninitiated who may be confused by ceaseless Team Peeta vs. Team Gale debates, opaque references to Girl on Fire Katniss Everdeen, or impenetrable terms like "The Reaping," snooty uber-fans can now display their preoccupation with this terse tee ($26.50): "It's a Hunger Games thing. You wouldn't understand."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week