The Hunger Games snared a record-breaking $155 million in its opening weekend, largely thanks to an army of feverishly passionate fans who are positively obsessed with the hit-book-turned-blockbuster-movie. Unperturbed by the uninitiated who may be confused by ceaseless Team Peeta vs. Team Gale debates, opaque references to Girl on Fire Katniss Everdeen, or impenetrable terms like "The Reaping," snooty uber-fans can now display their preoccupation with this terse tee ($26.50): "It's a Hunger Games thing. You wouldn't understand."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week